Thursday, August 21, 2008

Bear Lake Weekend

We spent the weekend in Bear Lake with my family. Kyler had a great time with all the cousins and went for his first boat ride. The hardest part was convincing him that he had to wear a life jacket. After that he was okay with the idea, just mellow with his fingers in his ears the entire time.
Blake showing us his wakeboarding moves. I was on camera and Kyler duty since I think it would be frowned upon to go wakeboarding while pregnant. Don't tell but I didn't go out on the jet ski for a little while. I had permission from a doctor (my brother) and made Blake take it slow.

Christian driving the boat.

Kyler with cousin Kacey playing in the toddler pool and on the beach. He loves the water and mostly wanted to play and splash in the big pool with the older kids. Water is the one area where he still has no fear.
Kyler did surprisingly well playing in the sand, given that he inherited his fathers trait for never wanting to get his hands dirty. He just came to mom every so often to have some juice and get his hands and face washed off.
This is about as far as he made it on the 4-wheeler. I was surprised he sat on it because he has always been afraid of Blake's dads. As soon as Laurie started to move forward he was done.

2 comments:

Emili said...

Looks like a fun time! Can you believe the summer is almost over!!

katester said...

How fun! Jealous. I am so sad we did not make it up to Bear Lake this year. Kyler is too cute.